Thursday, December 4, 2008

HOME!!!

Ok ~ So I did need a vacation....But I missed Jarod, Lani and Dax terribly!!! I learned so much in Myrtle Beach - Gangs, Meth Labs, Suicide, More Meth, More Gangs, Internet Safety, Domestic Violence - It really was interesting. I was so scared Dax was going to forget me...Yeah, I know...A little crazy, but this was the first time I have been away from him for longer than 24 hours. I knew Lani wouldn't forget me, I only talked to her on the phone like 4 times per day. Jarod did a great job while I was gone and I even came home to a very clean house. The floor had been vacuumed, dishes were clean, no toys scattered about....I was really impressed. However, as I was arriving at DSS this evening about 5:45, my phone rang and it was J...He sounded a little stressed and asked where I was. I told him I was pulling into DSS and asked Why. I then heard him telling Lani that "mommy will be home in a few minutes." J-then says hurry home, Lani has locked me out of the house. WHAT?!?! I began to panic, but my friend Kristie (Who is an Investigator in Child Protective Services) calms me down and tells me they will be fine. She helps me get my luggage and shopping bags out of the state car and into my car and I speed down the road. I called J back for a little more clarification. I then learn that she locked the screen door and he can see them and they can see him. When J unloaded the car, he went back to the mail box (this is how we do it every day), and Lani decides to lock the door while he is outside. When he tries opening the door he realizes it is locked. He then tries talking Lani through unlocking the door. J says, she touched the lock, told him she couldn't do it and went and found a pack on M-n-M's. When J asked Lani why she locked the door, she told him, because she wanted too. However, she quickly changed her story and told him that Dax locked the door. So when I pull up in the driveway, there's J with the mail looking at L and D through the glass, and they were standing there looking at him. I couldn't help but laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff says... Nice!

The Burleys said...

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in your house sometimes! I'm sure your kids and crazy husband would keep me laughing!