Thursday, December 18, 2008

Please Open the Door...

Last Christmas, as I was doing some shopping...something happened that I have not been able to get over. I was pushing Lani in a stroller and had Dax in one of those pouch things on my chest and had a few shopping bags in my hands, and people refused to hold the door open for me. They would walk out of the door - the door would quickly close, and I was left to either push the door open with the stroller or turn around back wards and push it that way. Since then, I have been extra cautious about mother's with small children leaving a store, i try to do my part and hold the door open as they push the stroller through. Everyone seems very grateful when I help out, so I imagine they have had the door slammed on them in the past too. The other day as me and j were walking into the Haywood Mall...He was pushing one stroller and I was pushing another..a pregnant girl entered the store and didn't even bother to hold the door....I wanted to say...yeah you just wait until you are pushing the stroller...However, the other day i was leaving Chick-Fil-A...Lani was holding my hand, Dax was on my hip and a little guy, probably 10 years old, turned around-on his own-and went out of his way to hold the door...I was really impressed....Maybe he needs to give these old people a lesson!! Maybe I'm sounding petty, or a little spoiled, but I feel that it is common courtesy...What do you think?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! People are so rude. Thats why I hate shopping this time of year...especially with the stroller deal! We usually just go to the automatic door places when it's just me and Troy for that very reason! LOL! I think we had this conversation last year...