Thursday, April 2, 2009

~Lani Language~

A few things that my silly 3 year old says...

Lapkin: (napkin) She calls it a lapkin, because she says you "put it in your lap." I correct her, but she then tells me I am wrong - "It's not for when you take a nap, it goes in your lap."

Last Day: (yesterday) Actually this is any day except for today. For Example: Santa came to my house last day.

Ring In's: (ear rings) Lani refers to ear rings as ring in's, because I say "Lani, let me put your ear rings in. Therefore, they are now called Ring in's.

Sish: (fish)....She's not very good at pronouncing her F's. We work on this letter on a daily basis.

Moolah: (Murrah) My maiden name, my mom's last name. Lani has trouble with double r's too.

3 comments:

The Burleys said...

Lapkin is hilarious ... and totally makes sense! LOL! Camryn does the "last day" thing, too, except she says "last morning." Doesn't matter if it happend yesterday or a year ago - it's last morning!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
That's too funny!!! I just love Lani!!!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

My personal favorite is "Tookie" for cookie. I am glad that Lani was patient with me when she was explaining it to me. She even slowed it down "too-kie" and pointed to it so I knew. :)