Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Lani!

My Lani Bug is 3 years old today!!! She had a great time at her skate party last night...Pictures will be posted later!

I do have a funny story to tell about this day, 3 years ago. Shortly after Lani was born, like 30 seconds after she was born, Jarod stated to me that Lani weighed 10 pounds and 19 ounces. I was in shock! I was drugged up, excited, nervous, and just had a c-section. I then hear J run to the nurses and ask, she really weighs 10 pounds and 19 ounces? The nurse laughs and says, we don't know how much she weighs yet, we will find that out in the nursery. 10:19 was the time she was born. A few minutes later we found out she weighed 9 pounds and 2 ounces. It never occurred to J, or me, that there are not 19 ounces in a pound.

Happy Birthday Lani!

4 comments:

The Burleys said...

Happy Birthday, Lani! Your birthday buddy, Camryn, misses you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lani!!!!!! SE and I had fun with you guys last night.

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Happy Birthday (late) Lani! J and I love you lots!

A~Hilarious story about the weight thing...sadly I am teaching that right now and did not catch it either until you explained it :)

Mandi said...

Happy Late Birthday to Miss Lani. (Daddy watch the Boys) (The Mitchell Boy) LOL