Wednesday, July 21, 2010

*Strike*

We have been busy bees this past week.  Last week, I took the kids to Chick-Fil-A, where we met my aunt Betty and my cousin, Brett.  Well, L and D go play on the play ground and all of a sudden, Dax gives me a surprise.  He decides to take his diaper off in the play equipment and bring it to me at our table!  The good news - it was a clean diaper.  The bad news - I couldn't tell him it was bad because everyone was laughing so hard, which made me giggle a little.  I had to take him to the bathroom, put the diaper back on and asked him why he did that and tell him he made a bad choice and needs to keep his diaper on.  His response "I wanted to."  He has never done this at home and will cry when I try to but underwear on him.  Oh well, I hope it doesn't happen again!

I spent Saturday in a phonics training.  I have to admit, I learned a lot!  What did I learn?  That I have a huge southern accent and haven't always pronounced my letter sounds correctly.  I came home and quizzed J, and he made the same mistakes I did!  We were trained on Zoo-Phonics, so beginning in August my sweet little 2 year old's, will have a fun, animal filled way of learning the alphabet!  While I was at training, J went with his mom and dad and took the kids to Gatti Town.  I heard Lani was somewhat of a drama queen, but everyone had a great time!

Sunday we decided to take the kids on their first bowling trip!  Lani seems to have natural bowling skills!  She held the ball correctly, threw the ball hard, and was beating me for most of the game!  Dax was so funny!  He would throw the ball, the ball would slowly roll, and roll, and roll, and roll and about 1 minute later a few pins would fall down.  At that time, he would throw his little arms in the air , yell "I did it!" then, hug or give us a kiss!  Too Cute!  Harper just enjoyed being there and took everything in.

This week, we have been to the dentist - Twice!  Lani loves the dentist, so no big deal there.  I did take Dax back in the room with her, so he could see what happens at the dentist.  I have made an appointment for Dax to get his teeth cleaned now too!  We also made a trip back to Chick-Fil-A and everyone kept their diapers/clothing on this time!!!  We also have VBS this week, which has been a lot of fun!!

Oh, and we returned library books and decided to check out some more!  When I was in Elementary School, this lady would come and read us books every week or so.  Well she used to do this thing and we would "go on a bear hunt."  It was so much fun and I have tried and tried to remember how it went to teach it to L and D.  Well I found the going on a bear hunt book at the library yesterday and it all came back to me!!!   I can't wait to teach it to them! 

What am I doing today?  Washing clothes and packing for the beach!  We will be beach bound on SUNDAY!!! WOOHOOO!!!!



Lani stood like this the entire time - she didn't want anyone getting her ball!

 Jarod and Dax waiting for the ball to knock down some pins

 Dax giving "I did it" kisses!


0 comments: