Sunday, April 25, 2010

~Weekend Fun~

Our weekend's as a family of 4 are quickly coming to an end! Harper will be here in 18 days!! WooHoo - Someone told me at church today they thought I was doing too much so soon to having a baby. Well, maybe I am, but I know once Harper is born, we will have several slow weekends, so I'm trying to get in as much as possible!
Friday Night: For the past several Friday Nights, we have done absolutely nothing. Well except for watching movies! Lani fell asleep around 7:30 (very rare by the way) due to the fact that she didn't take a nap at school. For our family movie night we decided to watch a movie about football - Something Dax would love!! And well, he did love it. Dax had decided that he needs a helmet! He obviously thinks he already has one, because he keeps going upstairs and says "Going to get my helmet, jibber jabbers something, and then says Football." Dax also fell asleep cuddling with me, which never happens anymore, but it was great!!!
Saturday: Saturday morning, my mother-in-law, Debbie, treated Lani and I to a pedicure. Something that I needed very bad, by the way!! Well, at VIP, they now have kid pedicure chairs! Lani was quit the DIVA!!! She talked non-stop and probably drove the lady crazy but it was so cute! Tomorrow, I will blog about all the funny things that came out of her mouth. Lani picked out her own polish and the design on her toes - She had a great time!

On Saturday morning, Jarod and Dax headed to Lowe's to rent a carpet cleaner to work on our terribly bad carpet. Which now looks amazing now!! :) Well, Lowe's was having a Kid's Workshop (FREE - Which is always better) The workshop was to build a bird feeder. I wish I had pics from Saturday, but I don't, so day after pics will have to do!! Jarod said Dax hammered his own nails and everything. Lowe's provided an apron and a real hammer! Dax was very proud of his birdhouse!!! This may turn into a Saturday tradition!
Dax and his apron and hammer!

The bird feeder!!
Saturday Night: We had tickets for the Greenville Drive game with the Hix's. We were also going to eat at Smoke on the Water (A first for us) However, our plans completely changed. The Drive people told us they wouldn't make a decision until 30 minutes before the game. We load up the car with towels, jackets, extra clothes, etc. and head to Greenville. We didn't want to sit in the rain, but we didn't want to loose the money we spent on the tix either. Well we make it to Smoke on the Water, and are told it is an hour wait! Prom night!! Well with 4 adults and 3 kids, we knew better than to try this!! So change of plan #1 - We end up at the Mellow Mushroom - Which was great too! I love to build my own Calzone!!! We finish eating walk to the stadium, in the rain, notice no activity at all, discover the game has been cancelled and try to get our rain check. Well no one at all in ticket booth, or will call office!! So, our friend Andy is going to schedule us another day/time to use our tix! Back to Anderson we go, stop at the Hix's house, the kids fight, the boys play Risk and Joy and I found tons of things to talk about. Even with completely changed plans, we still had a good night!!!
Thank goodness for lazy Sunday afternoons!!!!


1 comments:

Laura said...

I love how you have such a little Diva...too cute and a little carpenter now, too! Precious!