Monday, September 8, 2008

Does this really happen?

So I was reading American Baby magazine and came across a very interesting small article. I don't remeber specifically what it was called, but basically it was saying how to remember to take your child out of the car. Tip #1 - Place you bag in the back seat, so when you get your bag, you will see your baby. Tip #2 - Put a stuffed animal in your child's car seat - when you buckle your child in, put the stuffed animal in the front seat, so when you see this animal you will remember your child! I work for DSS and I see a lot of crazy things, but I have no idea, how you can forget your small child is in the car with you! Has anyone ever done this or heard of this? I mean sometimes I'm riding down the road and think Lani and Dax should be with me and they are not, but I have never forgotten that they were in the car with me!!! It went on to say that children can die in a car that over heats -HELLO - COMMON SENSE!!!! This really just got on my nerves!!! I can't believe the author of this article would think that if you can't remember your child that you would possibly remember your purse or a stuffed animal.....ugh...

3 comments:

The McConnell Clan said...

That is too funny! I admit, I forgot to buckle Alyssa in once, but never have I forgot she was in the car! Seems a little strange!

The Burleys said...

I'm with Kelli - forgot to buckle Cam in once but don't think I could ever in a million years forget she was in the car! Of course ... as much as she talks lately, it would be kind of hard to forget she was there! :)

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

This is why I think you should have to complete some kind of test or review from a board before you can procreate...the article is case in point.