Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

A few father's day pics....



Lani and Jarod touching the sting rays at the aquarium.


Dax was having a good time.........


Well it's father's day. I am so thankful for Jarod. He is a great dad to Lani and Dax. Father's day is a happy and sad time for me. I'm happy, because my chldren have a great dad. It' sad, because I miss my dad so much. My dad was great. It's hard to believe he's been dead almost seven years. In Sunday School today we talked about things we learned from our dad. All I could think about ws my dad telling me to "think." It didn't matter where I was going or what I was doing, my instructions were to think. This could have meant thinking during a softball game, doing well on a test, not locking my keys in my car, not meeting anyone stupid, not getting into trouble, and maybe to not get caught doing someting I wasn't suppose to do. I never heard my dad say anything negative about anyone, and he would tell me and mom to be quiet if we were gossiping. I miss my dad very much and wish he could have been here to walk me down the aisle and to love Lani and Dax. It makes me sad they will never know what a great person he was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww. Your daddy sounds like he was a great man. You are lucky to have had him as a father. I tried to call u earlier...
Love ya ans.

Sugar and Spice said...

I love your daddy! He was always so fun and cheerful. It is hard to believe that he has been gone for so long. I think about you a lot every Father's Day. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Your dad was one of my favorite people of all time. He would love those kids so much, but I know he's proud of you!